Monday, July 2, 2012

Two great loves

Hi. I'm Jenn. This is my blog. It is about two things that I love very much in life. Baking and New York City. I will use this blog as an account of all of my baking (and eating) ventures, whilst here in my favorite city in the world.
I moved to the big city at the tender age of 19. It was always my dream to survive here, to find myself here and to start a life here. I attended college here, met my husband here, and my daughter was born here. Needless to say, I have, and will always have a warm place in my heart for New York.
Aside from all that though, there are many other reasons why I love this city. I could go on forever- even start a whole other blog about it. I'll spare you that though, and cut to the one love that I'll be focusing on: food. Really. Good. Food. Particularly desserts, and the ingredients used to make them.
In my opinion, New York is mecca when it comes to food. You can find pretty much anything you want here in the way of dessert (or any other type of food for that matter). You want fresh, authentic Baklava made by someone's Yiayia? Just head on over to Astoria. Just- made cannoli strike your fancy? Take the train on down to Mulberry Street in Little Italy. You'll swear The Godfather made them himself. Someone related to him probably did. How about a chocolate criossant that even the French would swear by? We've got it all! Right here in this big, huge melting pot of delicious, sweet, creamy, sugary, delectible dessert heaven.
If any of that sounds good to you, keep reading! This week I'll be hopping downtown to Chelsea to check out Story, a shop that changes it's theme every 4-8 weeks, stocking only merchendise that has to do with that particular theme or "story". Cute huh? This month the theme is none other than our very own New York. Everything in the store has either been built or designed here in the city. One of my favorite indie food curators, Milkmade (specializing in artisnal ice cream flavors) will have some goodies there, amongst other artisans. I can't wait to find out who they are, and what delicious creations they have in store for my taste buds.
Until then!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! Looking forward to reading your adventures and finding out cool places to go to!

    ReplyDelete