Monday, July 9, 2012

This week's story...


On Friday I made the trek downtown with the fam in tow to check out Story, a marvelous little shop in West Chelsea that changes it's theme every 4-8 weeks or so, stocking only merchendise that has to do with that month's particular "story". As I mentioned in my last post, this month's theme was New York. Naturally I had to check it out.

Mostly just to see what other local artisans were doing with food, but also to grab a pint of some of my fav ice cream, made by Milkmade. Just to show you exactly how great this ice cream is, below is a picture of their display.


Note the lack of ice cream. They were COMPLETELY OUT! I almost started crying! It was such a New York summer day, complete with sticky, humid air and beating, swelteringly hot sun, and I was so ready for that heavenly Salted Caramel ice cream. They also are currently stocking a flavor called Grady's Manhattan, which is a cold-brew coffee infused Manhattan (like the drink) ice cream. I have never tasted it, but would have if they'd had any. I asked the peeps at Story what was up and they said that they were expecting the milkmaids later that evening to re-stock. Tough luck. I should have known that it would be gone soon after the shop opened. That ice cream is like crack or something. I will try again later in the month for sure!


No matter! Plenty of other delicious goodies were there to placate my sweet tooth. Arden (my curious and intrepid 2 yr old) found us some handmade dutch stroopwaffle cookies made by The Good Batch. We tried the Cocoa Caramel Stroopwafel, which was quite tasty. Not insanely sweet, but a nice texture and chocolate flavor.



All in all, a good excursion. It always is when there are husbands, two- year- old daughters and waffle cookies involved.

5 comments:

  1. Great idea for a place. And I'm sure Stephen approved of the type :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maria! Yes, Stephen loved the shop as well. He doesn't, however, approve of this blog's design yet- haha! I have him designing it for me right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I want to go there! It sounds wonderful! I'm sure I need to try both MilkMaid and the waffle cookie thing! And if their "Story" is ever exclusively "Dessert"? I need say no more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To clarify- the store isn't all food related. There are other types of merchendise like paper goods, home decor and beauty supplies. The dessert is the best part though of course. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. well let's go out there when I come out! Haha

    ReplyDelete