Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Doughnut Plant

I first discovered this place on a food tour a few years ago. I remember that I wasn't really in the mood for a doughnut. I remember trying a bite of one anyways. I remember being delighted at how someone had finally made a doughnut that was inventive and interesting as well as being delicious. Don't get me wrong, a good old fashioned glazed doughnut is great and all, but sometimes it's good to mix things up a little, right?


Doughnut Plant boasts intriguing flavors such as Cashew Orange Blossom, Valrhona Chocolate and Rose Blossom. Other, slighly less complex flavors such as Coconut Creme, Tres Leches and Matcha Green Tea are equally delicious. My favorite is the Creme Brulee. It's a lot of other people's favorite too, apparently, as they usually run out of this flavor mid-day. I suggest making a trip early in the day, so you have the best pickins. There are two locations, one on Grand and Essex in the Lower East Side, and one 23rd between 7th and 8th, in Chelsea. Although the LES location is the original, I prefer the Chelsea location for it's ample space and disco-themed bathroom. These doughnuts really will make you want to do a little dance...


My little foodie with our doughnuts.
Washing her hands post-feast in the psychedelic bathroom.


5 comments:

  1. that ponytail! so cute. Miss you guys and doughnut plant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you too Linda! Haven is beautiful by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! The Creme Brulee doughnut is worth a ticket to NYC and I don't care where you live! And there's a pear on at Christmas time that I'm embarrassed to say that I did not share well with my granddaughter. Baba is sorry (sort of) Arden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to be sorry for not sharing. Arden will understand. :)

      Delete
  4. Hmm. Your posts make my mouth water, Coz! Looks like Arden enjoys this place too! :D

    ReplyDelete